Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Progress In Marianist Hall



My work for Marianist Hall is moving ahead pretty well. For the first floor of Marianist my plan is to take pictures on campus and blow up the digital pixels from the images, focusing on color and structure. My idea deals with a play on photography versus painting and addresses pushing a medium like photography in order to challenge the medium's original intent. Above and below are some examples of pieces I've been working on and how I've been playing around with the idea:I am also working on images for the 2nd and 4th floors of Marianist Hall. I have been in contact with people from the Marian Library on campus and am considering taking pictures of some of the nativity scenes and different religious artwork from the library and the old NCR building to put up in the Marianist Halls. Below are some examples of that work, too:





That's all for now!
Christine

No comments: